Applications are accepted throughout the year.
To receive full consideration, complete your application to Virginia Tech and the BIOTRANS program by January 15, 2021. Applications received after January 15 will be evaluated on a first-come, first-served basis for any remaining positions.
Applying to Virginia Tech and the BIOTRANS program
Students interested in becoming part of the BIOTRANS program must apply to become a graduate student at Virginia Tech.
- Please visit the Virginia Tech Graduate School website for general information on the graduate school program.
- The application to the Graduate School at Virginia Tech is accessed from the Admissions Page, where you will find instructions for applying online or via mail-in forms.
When selecting a program of study in your graduate school application, you can choose to apply directly to the BIOTRANS program or to a participating department/program.
- If you apply directly to a department, be sure to submit the supplemental materials via email@example.com.
- If you apply directly to the BIOTRANS program, you are officially applying to the BIOTRANS IGEP support.
- If you apply directly to the BIOTRANS program, be sure to indicate your desired home department.
What are the supplemental application materials?
- Statement of purpose that explains your interest in BIOTRANS and how our program of education and training will help you achieve your career goals.
- A summary of your background that discusses what qualifies you for graduate education and research at the interface of the engineering and biological sciences.
- The names of the three BIOTRANS faculty (with at least one from the engineering sciences and at least one from the biological sciences) whose research most interests you.